This Policy describes the information we process to support Dhoomchat and other products and features offered by Dhoomchat (Dhoomchat Products or Products). You can find additional tools and information in the Dhoomchat settings
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Dhoomchat Products, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our Products. You can learn how to access and delete information that we collect by visiting the Dhoomchat settings
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features that we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things such as suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what's in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your Dhoomchat profile fields or life events about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in" or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things such as helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features such as our camera.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalise the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad that we showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is in the foreground or background, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Dhoomchat Company Products associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things such as help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
Information from partners.
Advertisers, app developers and publishers can send us information through Dhoomchat Business tools that they use, including our social plug-ins (such as the Like button), Dhoomchat Login, our APIs and SDKs These partners provide information about your activities off Dhoomchat – including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the ads you see and how you use their services – whether or not you have a Dhoomchat account or are logged in to Dhoomchat. For example, a game developer could use our API to tell us what games you play, or a business could tell us about a purchase you made in its shop. We also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services, or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing us with any data.about the types of partners we receive data from.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the Dhoomchat Products and related services described in the Dhoomchat Terms . Here's how:
Provide, personalise and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalise features and content (including your News Feed,Stories and ads) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events that you may be interested in or topics that you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalised Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you're connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalise your Dhoomchat experience, including features, content and recommendations in Dhoomchat Products; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
- Information across Dhoomchat Products and devices: We connect information about your activities on different Dhoomchat Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Dhoomchat Products that you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on Dhoomchat that includes people you follow on Dhoomchat or communicate with using Messenger. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Dhoomchat Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information – such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near – to provide, personalise and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others' use of Dhoomchat Products (such as check-ins or events you attend).
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Dhoomchat Products
People and accounts that you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on Dhoomchat, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public or a customised list of people. Similarly, when you use Dhoomchat to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions that you have taken on our Products, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let other accounts see who has viewed their Dhoomchat or Stories.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don't have an account. This includes your Instagram username, any information you share with a public audience, information in your public profile on Dhoomchat, and content you share on a Dhoomchat Pageor any other public forum, such as Dhoomchat Marketplace. You, other people using Dhoomchat we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other Dhoomchat Company Products, in search results or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot or reshare that content to others across or off our Products, in person or in virtual reality experiences such as Dhoomchat Spaces. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your Dhoomchat friends or use a Dhoomchat Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or website can receive information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from the website on Dhoomchat. Also, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your public profile on Dhoomchat, and any information that you share with them. Apps and websites that you use may receive your list of Dhoomchat friends if you choose to share it with them. But apps and websites that you use will not be able to receive any other information about your Dhoomchat friends from you, or information about any of your although your friends and followers may, of course, choose to share this information themselves). Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
Devices and operating systems providing native versions of Dhoomchat (i.e. where we have not developed our own first-party apps) will have access to all information that you choose to share with them, including information that your friends share with you, so they can provide our core functionality to you.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our Products.
When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our Products, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information that you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business or mission and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us online or by writing to: